[Gpdd] Rainbow Bridge: Luke

dukejan1 at aol.com dukejan1 at aol.com
Sun Aug 18 14:14:35 EDT 2013

Our dear, sweet Luke crossed over the bridge this past Tuesday in the loving arms of both his daddy and me in our home.  Luke was diagnosed with leukemia in April, so we knew his time was short.  Luke was approximately 6 years old.

He was a great pig---so loving and kind.  I used to chuckle at breakfast---he wouldn't eat until I petted him good morning.  When his friend Saralea came to live with us, he used to carry his veggies over to her to share.  He has left a big emptiness in this home and Saralea is brokenhearted.  Eventually we will find her a friend, but that time is not now.

I wanted to also share Luke's experience with stones that may be of help to some other piggy.  About two years ago, he chewed an uncovered wire and we took him to the vet to be sure there was no blockage.  He was fine, but X-rays showed a small stone in his ureter.  The vet prescribed polycitra.  That really worked for him--the stone must have dissolved and been passed because subsequent X-rays showed no stone.  Luke was never in any pain or distress.  Had he not chewed the wire, we might never have known until it was too late.

Mourning Luke,
Janet and Saralea