[Gpdd] Health: Sassy's Diagnosis

dogcatpiggymom at yahoo.com dogcatpiggymom at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 22 22:30:09 EDT 2013

Sassy has CL, aka "Cervical Lymphadenitis".
http://www.guinealynx.info/forums/viewtopic.php?p=160439#160439

Overnight, another "lump" popped out.  So, since one had broken open and oozed,
the vet flushed it out and prescribed Baytril.  I have to give it to her 2 times a day and also
apply warm compresses to the open area 3 times a day, removing the scab if one forms so
it can continue to drain.

I'm so worried now about my other pigs because I read how contagious it is.  I moved
Sassy into the kitchen, but I understand that CL is airborne so my other pigs have already
been exposed.

Does anyone have experience with this?  I sure could use some reassurance that Sassy will
be rid of this and my others will be okay!

Thanks so much!
Joanne, Baci, Sweetie, Sassy, Ellie

Opt to adopt!
Spay  Neuter  Rescue  Adopt!