[Gpdd] HEALTH: Uterine adenocarcinoma

Sandra Oliver-Poore warmbreath at comcast.net
Sat Aug 31 02:52:43 EDT 2013

Hi  Last details coming to me:

First I think Aloe Vera is ok, its soothing and edible, but make sure she
doesn't love the taste, that wouldn't help at all.  Oil would help too, or
mix them if no one objects.  Ann's web site has info on anesthesiology, see:
http://piggyville.com/index.php?id=4#Surgical_Protocol_1

Remember she has done her vets anesthesiology for years even before she
recertified as a Rodentologist. Her procedure works great so make sure the
vet reads it.

Here's some post-surgical care in a post from Ann to Anneli : "Hi Anneli,

I am happy that Flower's surgery to remove her ovaries and part of her
uterine horns was successful. As a pharmaceutical scientist and
rodentologist I would be interested in finding out the name of the
anti-anxiety drug she was given. I am always eager to learn new ways to help
piggies. Regarding her reluctance to eat, may I suggest that you put

1.0 ml of olive oil or coconut oil into the critical care you are syringing
her. The oil is a source of nutrients and also helps to prevent bloat.
piggies often suffer from post-surgical bloat. I would also suggest that you
have on hand a bottle of infants simethicone drops. About 0.3 ml can also be
added to the critical care at each feeding. If she does get bloat you want
to give her the simethicone at a dose of 3.0 ml every 3-4 hours and keep her
moving. Just like when you have gas pains you may not feel like eating,
Flower will not feel like eating if she has gas pain. Also her reluctance to
eat may be due to surgical pain. I use dye free Advil which is ibuprofen 20
mg/ml. The dose is 0.4 ml twice a day. Keep up the good work feeding her and
keep watch for bloat or gastric stasis and weigh her daily.

By the way ovarian cysts can be easily drained by simply inserting a needing
into them and allowing the fluid to drain out. It is just the opposite of
giving an injection and does not cause the piggy any more stress than an
injection. Then the cysts can be treated by giving 100 USP units of human
chorionic gonadotropin, HCG. The dose is 100 USP units/piggy. Repeat in 2-4
weeks. A third injection may be needed."