[Gpdd] MISC: Homemade guinea pig treats

Lynn Williams mlwilliams at clear.net
Sat Aug 31 21:05:08 EDT 2013

Hi all,

I was messing around on the web tonight and found this page:

http://ohmyguineapig.blogspot.com/2012/07/guinea-pig-treats-diy-homemade-guinea.html

It has a couple of recipes for homemade guinea pig cookies.  I'm going to
give them a try.  Nothing much new to tell from this part of the world... my
girls are doing well. Eve is still squealing from time to time in pain but I
have no cclue what is causing it.  They have both been wormed now and I
tried Critter be Better for 7 days and no difference.  Her poope are still
semi soft and if I am catching her at the right noment, that is when she
squeals... when she poops.  I don't think it is every time she poops but
when I have breen able to locate her quickly enough when I hear her squeal,
I usually find a poop or 2 lying there where she was sitting.  Her appetite
is fine, she is drinking and seems to be active so I don't know what to
thik.  I have been feedinbg them basically the same thing since I have had
them so I don't think it's her diet. I only give them fruit maybe once a
week.  Otherwise, they get some combination of the following daily:

green leaf lettuce
baby carrots
green beans
bell pepper
celery
cherry tomatoes
cucumber

For treats they get corn shucks or corn silks or both, depending on how
pitiful they manage to sound.  I also give them a small piece of apple on
rare occasion.  I have discovered they want no part  of peaches or
blackberries.  Which is a shame, because I just bought 2 gallons of them at
a fruit stand... guess I'll have to make the sacrifice and just make
blackberry cobbler out of them!  :)

Hope you are all doing well.  I'm still having some medical issues here so
haven't been posting a lot.  My doctors are trying to get me into a clinical
study for a clip to go in my heart to fix a leaky valve.  IT is used in the
UK and Europe but has not been approved here yet by the FDA.  So,got a lot
of hoops to jump through and red tape to battle but we are doing as much as
we can to get my heart back up and functioning better.  Love to you all...

Hugs, love and whisker kisses,
Lynn, Callie and Eve with Sammy and Tabby at the bridge and in our hearts
and memories