[Gpdd] Re Gpdd (Misc) Happy New Year Everybody and Every Pig!

Ellen Garrison guineamom88 at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 27 06:27:22 EST 2013

Hi everyone,

I want echo what M. Fug wrote. I am crazy-busy -- still living with 9 piggies,  and now have adopted another chinchilla from someone at work who's oldest kid went off to college and she and her other kids just weren't into looking after her...she's a beautiful dark furred chinny about 3 yrs. old like Foogleah,  I renamed her   Taffy, which sounds like 'crappy'-- which is what they called her (my guess is it was supposed to be 'funny'). I have 2 girls and  a boy chin now, plus the elderly Kaloey pig who has cataracts, yet still going strong, he's about 6 now, since I got him in April 2008.  The two quadruplets still with us--Merary and her brother, Hina'u--are still going strong too although they have cataracts but that does not stop Hina'u from running around his cage in joy, in a spur of the moment burst of energy, both of them a little over 4 and a half years.  Their dad, Angel, does not appear to have cataracts --his genes seem healthier than
 their mom's were. He's about 5. And then I still have the 5 piggies adopted from last year who I don't really know the ages of, except Fiji is about 1 and a half, and the others up to about 3.
Penny thank you for explaining what a fortnight is, we don't really use that term but it is indeed interesting, I always love linguistics. ..and cavy linguistics, too.
I still have all the pigtures from the 2011 piggy calendar and I put them up at work during the appropriate holidays.  To Mieke, I would like to buy another one for 2014. When I am not so busy I will post pigtures on Photo bucket, but for now, work is nutsy and I need all the sleep I can get...after switching primarily to just newspapers and Green Dreamzzz it has made life extremely much easier.  Thank you, Sandy, for all your excellent advice.
Happy birthday in advance Jean, now I recall it is the 28th of Dec. but in my haste I had thought it was in October. Happy birthday everyone and happy new year!
Aloha,
Ellen in Maui with furrrends....