[Gpdd] MISC: WHEEKSIE: Truly our little boy (part two)

corrine sakumoto oreochockc at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 27 15:17:52 EST 2013

Well, everyone grew okay except that Wheeksie began to have blood in his pee.  He was about a year and a half at this point.  We gave him antibiotics and we couldn’t understand it but then he became anorexic.  Even the vet didn’t know why.  So we researched it best we could and was shocked to find out that one in ten guinea pigs gets anorexic while on antibiotics.  Even though he was syringe fed, he began to lose weight.  We kept thinking once the antibiotic wore off, we had stopped giving it to him, that he’d get better.

On the morning of my birthday, I did my usual, woke up, and began to clean the piggies pens.  Well, I saw that Wheeksie had pee spots all over his pen, clear, but they were dry. Meaning he probably didn't pee all night.  So I begged Michael to please syringe Wheeksie water throughout the day.  I had been syringing him water throughout the day but I figure it’s my birthday, perhaps Michael can help me out today.  Well, Wheeksie began to pee again after awhile so I tried to calm down.  He kept peeing regularly so I felt better but of course was still worried.  Well, I asked Michael if he’d be able to stay up with him and syringe him water throughout the night.  It was the best birthday present he could ever give me.  And he did.  Except that he told me the next morning that at 3 a.m. Wheeksie went.  I flew to hold Wheeksie and couldn’t believe my eyes.  He was getting better!  He’s one year and eight months old!  He was born to us!
 He was our little boy!  How could this happen?  I was frantic, in shock, crying and screaming.  This shouldn’t have happened.  He’s such a sweet little boy with such a sweet little face and the most adorable little personality.  HOW COULD THIS HAPPEN?  How could I lose my precious little boy?

The vets here aren’t that good or knowledgeable and I know our poor little furbabies pay the ultimate price.  What’s fair about that?

Dear little Wheeksie, that was months ago but I couldn’t bring myself to write it down because I felt that if I wrote it down, then it would be true and I didn’t want it to be true and I knew it couldn’t be true.  How could it?  I miss you.  I cry and hold your mommy and say to her how sorry I am that I let her down, that I lost her most precious gift that she gave to us.  I feel that I failed her.  I failed you.

I love you dear Wheeksie.  You’re my handsome fuzzy little boy.  Always will be.  I love you!  Love, mommy corrine