[Gpdd] MISC: Back home and trying to catch up

Lynn Williams mlwilliams at clear.net
Sun Dec 29 19:43:52 EST 2013

Hello all my GP friends and family,

First, please let me thank you all for the many messages of love and support
I received from you.  They were very much appreciated and helped me get
througha difficult time.   I was released from the hospital on Dec. 23, just
n time to be home for Christmas!  It seems as though this trial procedure I
am involved in has helped my heart go from 20% funcgtionality to 40%
functionality.  Yay!  They hope, but can't guarantee, that it may rise some
more with time.  Ther is also a good chance I won't need a defibrillator now
but that remains to be seen with time and further tests.  So, I am home and
recuperating and getting my strength back bit by bit.

I didn't read much in the hospital. It took a lot more out of me than I
expected and I really slept more than anything else.  I guess that's what a
healing body needs most.  When I got home, my babies were happpy to see me.
Hubby Earl stayed at the hospital with me but my very good friend stayed
here at our house and watched my guide dog and my furbabies.  Poor things,
every time he approaches the cage, he hears a rumble and a mad dash for
whatever hidey hole is closest.  I think he takes it personally!  LOL

A few notes... welcome to all the new piggies here in our famly.  I also
want to wish a happy birthday to those babies that I missed.  And,
condolences to those who have lost a piggy in this time that I have been
gone.  I wish you all a speedy healing of the heart and a sweet peace  with
your memories.

I want to share a story I heard on our news yesterday.  There was a fire at
a family's home here in my area.  They were telling how the family all
escaped and that the firefighters managed to get the family dog out safely.
Then, they said the firefighters also save 2 guinea pigs!  I had to cry.  To
picture these big old firefighters, all decked out in their firefighting
clothes, making their way out of a burning home carrying two tiny furbabies.
It melted my heart. I called the TV station to see if I could donate
anything to help the family with the pigy's needs but they said they would
give the family my info and let them contact me.  Quite a story to close out
the holidays.  I hope you all had a wonderful season and that you are all
feeling well wih this new year starting up.  My warmest hugs and love going
out to you all.  Thank you again for all of your love and support.

Hugs, love and whisker kisses,
Lynn, Callie and Eve with Sammy and Tabby at the bridge and in our hearts
and memories