[Gpdd] HEALTH: Callie update

Lynn Williams mlwilliams at clear.net
Sat Feb 9 15:16:16 EST 2013

Hi everybody,

Well, I took Callie to the vet today to no avail.  I put white cloth in the bottom of her box so the vet could esamine them for signs of blood or sludge.  There were wet spots but not a hint of blood or anything else.  When she palpitated the bladder, Callie objected loudly but only produced a drop or two of urine, which also showed no signs of blood.  The vet couldn't smell any strong odor as I did yesterday.  So, Earl asked me if I was sure it was Callie I was holding when this happened.  I *was* sure but am now second guessing myself.  They are so similar in size.  Eve is just a bit slimmer.  So, now I am not so sure about it.  I took Eve out of the cage when we got home and held her on a white towel until she peed and asked Earl to look at it.  Again, no blood and no strong odor this time.  She did wheek but they normally do because I don't think they like to pee on us.  This  leads to my question.  The vet went ahead and gave me some Baetrol and Medicam for Callie but I am thinking about going ahead and dosing both of them the same so that whoever it was will definitely be treated.  Will it hurt the one who is not in need of the med to get it?  Otherwise, it will be another trip to the bet and this ione cost me almost $200.00!  Only vet in my area to see pigs is an exotics vet and you all know how much they charge. I will do it of course if y'all think it is best but I would rather avoid the additional expense if at all possible.

Hoping all the furbabies and families are doing well today and staying warm with all that cold snow and rain in the East.  Brrrrrrr!

Hugs, love and whisker kisses,
A confused Lynn, Callie andn Eve with Sammy and Tabby at the bridge and in our herts and memories