[Gpdd] HEALTH: CALLIE

Lynn Williams mlwilliams at clear.net
Mon Feb 11 12:03:41 EST 2013

Thank you so much for your advice and information, Penny.  It did give me additional insight and assurance that it is Callie who has a UTI.  I should have trusted my instincts.  I mean, after all, a mommy slave knows her baby girl when she holds her, doesn't she?

This wasn't just bickering.  This kind of sound I have not heard before.  I heard it 2 or 3 times in the cage and there was no squabbling or running around to accompany it.  It was kind of a whimpering, pitiful "Help me, mommy" sound more so than a "She touched me!" sound.  I know you all know what I am talking about!    Also, I have been noticing that Callie was damlp on many of the times I picked her up.  I thought maybe I was just timing it with her having just relieved herself.  And, finally, when she peed on me the other day and was wheeking, she did lift her bafk end up.  So, all of those facts assures me it is indeed Callie who is the baby in need.  I am going to continue to take Eve out and give her a piece of lettuce or celery and just hold her until she pees just to keep an eye on her and make sure she isn't exhibiting any of the same signs.  Thank you again for your, as always, much appreciated input.

We are beginning a storm here so I will sign off for now but will keep y'all updated as to how Callie gets along.  Which reminds me, before I go.... Usually, Callie doesn't want to be held.  But I discovered today what I was doing wrong.  I always held her up on my chestg and toward my chin.  She would fidget and fuss the whole time.  Today, after we gave her her meds, she was in my lap where I was holding her on a towel so Earl could administer the stuff.  I had a piece of lettuce ready to give her to help wash away the taste in her mouth.  I left her lying on the towel  and just sort of stroked her head and down her back as she ate it.  Right after she finished the lettuce, she pancaked and laid her head down and just sort of sighed with relief.  Not really but that's what it felt like to me!  So now I know to hold her in my lap instead of on my chest and she will be perfectly content to sit there with me and let me have the mjoyh of stroking her soft little body.  BTW, she is now up to 2.2 lbs.  Heding for a LAPS pig, no doubt!

Hugs, love and whisker kisses to all,
Lynn, Callie and Eve with Samantha and Tabitha at the bridge and still in our hearts and memories.