[Gpdd] HEALTH: Re Speedway's probable UTI

Penny Charlesworth piggyfriends48 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 11 17:52:21 EST 2013

Thanks ME. As I suspected, here is another drug that has a different name
here in England.

It would seem, from what you say, and a check with Mr. Google, that our
antibiotic of choice for piggies, Septrin, is also called sulfatrim, which
you listed as an alternative name for TMS. Such confusion!

When using paediatric Septrin, I start with a five day course but extend it
to 10 days if needed. Stopping a course before the end may not kill the
nasty bugs causing the UTI so keep going Joanie.

Good luck Speedway!

Penny and the Piggyfriends.