[Gpdd] HEALTH: cranberry juice

Ann Sadoian ann_sadoian at sbcglobal.net
Wed Feb 13 22:31:05 EST 2013

hi everyone--
I used cranberry juice as a maintenance measure for my Dart in between courses of antibiotics (necessary when she became inflamed due to calcium crystals in her urine). It was very effective, and she and her sister Feather absolutely loved it. I had a very small 4 oz bottle that I would fill 1/2 cranberry juice & 1/2 water. You can give what you determine to be a daily portion (one ounce or two daily), and it really doesn't go bad if it remains until the next day (probably because it is very acidic). Be sure to use straight 100% cranberry juice--very expensive, and can be found in the healthy section of your grocery store. A 48 oz bottle will last a month or so, depending on how many piggies are enjoying. It seemed to be very much worth the cost to me.
Ann & Purdy