[Gpdd] HEALTH:re extra incisor

Penny Charlesworth piggyfriends48 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 14 04:44:49 EST 2013

Ginger,

My Garnet has an extra lower incisor right now.

It was not affecting his eating and I only noticed it last month when I
opened his mouth to pop in his ivermectin drops and panacur. When he had
his last" worming", three months earlier, he only had the normal dentition.

I took him to our Rodentologists, who have seen this before and they tried
to extract the extra one but it was too well embedded so they just trimmed
it down. Next time I visit them, I will take him along to see if it will
come out this time. Garnet was unfazed by the whole procedure and was
munching up their parsley straight after his dental work.

He has grown an extra incisor right in the middle at the front and it is
thicker than a normal one. He has had a little trouble tackling a chunk of
veg so he has a plate of julienne veggies instead.  I give his girls their
chunks first and, when they have scampered off with their prize, he has his
plate of veggies, which he clears up before they are back for more.

My Halloween grew all sorts of strange teeth in his extreme old age. His
lower incisors branched out like antlers with extra ones in between and my
Rodentologists were frequently trimming and removing extraneous bits.
Halloween never minded what they did as long as he had his parsley
afterwards.  All the little patients are rewarded after their treatment.

Mr. Brownie might need this extra incisor removed too so keep an eye on his
ability to eat.

Penny and the Piggyfriends.