[Gpdd] MISC.: Speedway's Name

GARY HESS joanhess4 at sbcglobal.net
Thu Feb 14 21:59:18 EST 2013

Yes, she did run laps as a baby. There's a speedway track in the nearby town of Auburn, CA, and my husband and I attend from time to time. They're basically racing lightweight motorcycles without brakes. They slow down by sliding into turns on the oval dirt track. It's surprisingly popular in Europe. Every year they pit the European riders against the North American ones. Pretty exciting if you like dirt and fuel and speed.

Speedway now reserves her speed for cruising the cage, begging for treats and keeping her mother, Maggie, in line.

Joanie and The Beautifuls