[Gpdd] HEALTH: UTI Updates

Lynn Williams mlwilliams at clear.net
Wed Feb 20 17:25:02 EST 2013

Hi all,

I wanted to thank all of you who offered assistance and advice on Callie and Eve and the apparent UTI situation.  I went ahead and treated them both just to be on the safe side.  Callie finiished her round on Saturday and Eve took her last dose today.  I haven't heard any further painful wheeking sounds from either one of them in days now.  Whew!  Both girls have their usual voracious appetites and Callie is still rumble strutting around, running the show in the cage.  I have started them both on probiotics and have found they don't object quite as much to that as they did the Baytril.    Earl had an idea and it seems to work rather well.  He took a small piece of letuce and placed the Bene-bac in the middle of it and then folded it over and made sort of a taco out of it.  Callie ztarted to chew it up immediately, then paused wen she got to that part of it, seemed to consider it as she tasted it, then proceeded to devour the rest of it.  Eve, as per usual, picky picked around with it and finally ate it all.   Today, she ate all around the center piece and left it on my shirt.  I had to baby talk her into eating it but she finally did.

So, as far as I know, they are both doing well now.  I am going to have to find a better way to tell them apart though.  Eve is just slightly slimmer in the waistline than Callie and their personalities are very different.  This time though, they were able to test my instincts.  Wish I could put a itty bitty piggy collar on one of themn!  LOL  While I've been giving them their meds, Callie got a little on her right hind leg muscle and I could feel it on there and know who I was scooping up without having to do the thorough look around.  (Feeel around?)

So, thanks again for all of your wonderful help.

Hugs, love and whisker kisses,
Lynn, Callie and Eve with Sammy and Tabby at the bridge and in our hearts and memories
(Callie is mad at me now because she thinks I called her fat!)