[Gpdd] HEALTH: It's startiing over again with Eve.

Lynn Williams mlwilliams at clear.net
Sat Feb 23 21:21:07 EST 2013

Hello my GP family,

I am most upset!  Tonight, while I was cleaning out the hay and the poops
from the day, I heard a pained cry in the corner.  I immediately dropped the
handful of poops I was scooping to corner the pig I herd.  She was in her
pigloo and I was able to trap her and get  her out without losing touch with
who I was holding this time.  It was Eve for sure.  I felt her bottom and
sure enough, it was wet on her bottom  I feel so dismayed.  It was Callie
who I took to the vet last time but when things became unsure, I treted both
pigs for a UTI.  Now I fear that Eve may have a bladderstone.  :(  I think
if it were  UTI, it would have cleared up with the Baytril dosing.  If, God
forbid, it does turn out to be a stone, is there any form of treatment short
of surgery?  I won't be able to take her to the vet until Mondy so I am
wondring if I should dose her with Medicam for the pain until then?  If so,
how often can I give it to her?  I am almost in tears here thinking of her
being in pain.  Poor baby.

Thanks for listening.

Lynn, Callie and Eve, with Sammy and Tabby at the bridge and in our hearts
and memories