[Gpdd] Misc. Update on little Minnie Pearl

Geri Dosalua gdosalua at gmail.com
Sat Feb 23 22:55:22 EST 2013

Minnie Pearl  will have been with me three weeks come this Monday.  She had
her first vet visit on 2/11, after being with me 1 week.  She weighs 1 lb.
and seems to be fearless.  She is quiet like Boo Bear.  Of course, I don't
hear well, so the brrs and churrs might go unnoticed to me.  She could
probably give Speedway a run for the money.  Sometimes she will race around
her cage, kicking up the softwood bedding.  For some reason, she
likes to build up the bedding and Critter Care into the corners.  She is
messier than Boo, but appears to like to poop for the most part in one
corner,
Her favorite veggies so far are bell peppers, cucumbers, spinach and spring
mix.  She will eat an occasional guinea pig treat, which Boo never would.
I gave her a blueberry to try and she liked it.  She originally liked
celery, but now she won't eat it. I will have to go back to the celery
hearts and see
if she will eat again.  The regular stalks have more bitter taste  I
think. She also does not like carrots. I am enjoying all her shenanigans.
She loves to be cuddled, after racing around to avoid me. She will eat out
of my hand.  She doesn't drink as much water as I would like, but I know
she knows how.  I guess she is getting enough moisture and Vitamin C from
the veggies.  She is constantly developing.

I will put her platform in the cage this weekend.  She seems to like seeing
out of the cage, and is a little bit of a climber.  We'll see if she
likes the platform.
I will soon have pictures on CD so that I can show her off.  Thanks for all
the messages of sympathy on the passage of Boo Bear to the Rainbow Bridge.
I still miss him but I just could not be without a piggie to love.

Geri (Slave) and Minnie Pearl (the princess)