[Gpdd] HEALTH: It's startiing over again with Eve

Ronald Zimmerman rzm.2 at verizon.net
Sun Feb 24 21:05:36 EST 2013

Lynn-
It sounds like you could be dealing with a stone. It could be a UTI that never went away but it is just starting to sound like a stone to me. I would give Metacam until you can get her to the vet & see whether or not he wants you to continue it, but I wouldn't see why he would want you to stop it. You never want your babies to be in pain. The dosing on my bottle says 0.1ml every 24 hours. An x-ray can confirm a stone or sludge but warning you ahead of time: it will be expensive! As far as alternatives to surgery go, once she has a stone it's usually too late for other alternatives for that stone. I know some people have vets that can remove the stones manually but it's hard to find a vet with that skill here in the US. When Albert had a stone it was unremovable so the vet gave him a medicine to raise to PH of his urine, but I can't remember the name of the medicine. Maybe someone else will know. Also you can order Shilintong online & give that crushed up
 to both of them to help prevent stones. It can also help dissolve existing stones but you don't want to make her wait long enough for that to happen. It could take awhile.
These are my opinions based on previous experience with a stone piggie. As you already know I am not a vet! If I was I'd have a whole farm full of animals instead of a tiny house! Keep us posted on how she is doing.
~Jaime, Mimi & Captain Phil the betta fish~
~Missing Albert, Molly, Radar & Daisy~
http://s652.photobucket.com/albums/uu246/chirpy123/
http://www.etsy.com/shop/AintThatCrafty