[Gpdd] HEALTH: Mr. Brownie has a UTI

Ginger Fitzsimmons matildalucet at earthlink.net
Wed Feb 27 23:00:47 EST 2013

My vet has had Saturday hours for quite a while, and has recently started limited Sunday hours too. A determined pig can still go bad when they are closed, but it's more of a challenge. There are ordinarily at least four vets in that practice that see guinea pigs often enough to be good at it. (One is on a month-long break, so we're down to three, but that's still pretty good.)

Brownie has added blood spots to his bag of tricks, so he's being sedated tomorrow so they can pass a catheter up the urethra and be certain there are no blockages and flush more of that crystal mess out of there. There will be a blood draw, too, to check for organ damage. He refused to give enough blood unsedated.

-ginger