[Gpdd] HEALTH:Re Mr. Brownie has a UTI

Ginger Fitzsimmons matildalucet at earthlink.net
Thu Feb 28 19:27:11 EST 2013

Penny wrote:
> Sandy. An overclipped nail is a good way of collecting a blood sample.
> Perhaps Mr. Brownie's vet is going to draw the blood when the little guy is
> already sedated for the insertion of the catheter to save him any more
> stress as he was uncooperative before.

This is exactly right. :-)

He is awake. There was no obstruction in the urethra, his bladder got flushed and his pee looked much better than it did a few days ago. We should have lab results in a day or two.

Today's oddness is that his ankles and maybe wrists are thicker than they were six months ago on xray. Now his primary vet is VERY interested in his calcium levels, between the sludge and the previous stone and the stony soft tissue near (but not in) his urethra and this thickening. She told me extra high calcium can cause soft tissue to start to turn into bone. We'll have to wait for those lab results. Here, I was just waiting to see if organ damage was indicated.

He was very cute at everybody while he recuperated. Nice to know he is still working the crowd.

-ginger