[Gpdd] CARE: C&C cage modifications

GARY HESS joanhess4 at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jan 9 15:35:41 EST 2013

1. Our cage panels rest on the connectors like small legs.

2. The coroplex bottom tray fits on the OUTside of the cage by about four inches each side. No chewing, and plenty of room to tuck in fleece, if used.

3. For a ceiling, we used the provided connectors on the corners and lots of zip ties in between, overlapping the panels as needed for extra strength or to make them fit for an odd size.

4. This is really simple though hard to describe for the access door. Cut a flap in the corex a bit larger than a panel where you want the door. Reinforce the bend in the flap on the outside with strong tape. It should fold downward to make way for the door to open and swing. Attach a loose panel as a door, using multiple zip ties to act as hinges on one side. The flap can be lowered to open the door and will hold in upright position to close by sheer friction. On the side of the door opposite the hinges near the edge attach a small ornamental plate holder and squeeze its hooks shut. The other side will stretch to attach to  the adjacent grid. Just stretch the plate holder to open and close.

Hope I didn't confuse you!

Joanie and The Beautifuls