[Gpdd] MISCELLANEOUS - Bushfires in Australia

juliejohnson12 at bigpond.com juliejohnson12 at bigpond.com
Thu Jan 10 07:46:07 EST 2013

Hi everyone, I'm unsure how Glynis is doing, I'm not sure how far she from fires.   I think the brunt of the fires is taking place in New South Wales and Tasmania is almost a write off.    Also, here in Queensland, the same thing.   Temperatures throughout the country has been extreme - some places, eg Melbourne, this week reaching 46 degrees centigrate, and central South Australia has been having temperatures of 50!      It is so hot and humid where I live, I've had to bring my 5 precious boys into my bedroom, on the floor under their cage tops, where I have air conditioning. I made this decision based on the fact I could hear this noise of a chirping sound.   I looked outside, nothing, and I realised that Snowdrop was chirping and panting.   I have frozen blocks with them and fans blowing on them, but just too hot.   I think I got to Snowdrop just in time. Then today, I thought Sooty was was dying because he was so very limp when I got him out of his cage to go to my room.   And he is the runt and usually cold!  So, another close call I think. I will be having them in my room air conditioning until temperatures become a bit more realistic and not these desperate temperatures. Julie + Snowdrop, Treacle, Sooty, Kimba and Hugo