[Gpdd] FW: HEALTH: Kimba's Eye

Admin gpdd-admin at gpdd.org
Sat Jan 12 14:05:26 EST 2013

This is a forwarded message. Please address any replies to the original
author: juliejohnson12 at bigpond.com

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi all,
No sooner do I get back into action on the GPDD when I find I have a
question that I hope someone might help!

This past week I have noticed Kimba's eyes are bulging, he has a
stunned, frightened look. I notice that the white membrane covering the
rim of his eyes seems to be falling down, so I see white at the top,
then his bulging eyes.

Both eyes are the same. He's never looked this. And also, I discovered
by studying and checking them, the light bulb lit in my own brain and I
realised that piggies do not blink! Except for Kimba. He blinked in the
left eye, twice.

Because of the extreme heatwave, I've been bringing the piggies into my
bedroom in the cool air conditioning. I know air condition can dry the
skin and eyes. But I noticed this with his eyes last week, and I just
thought I'd scared him by coming to his cage when he didn't know I was
coming.

Does anyone have any idea of what could be wrong with Kimba? Is there
anything to do. Could it be a brain tumour pushing the eyes out. Could
it be sinus infection behind his eyes. This one really has me stumped,
and I'd appreciate any light which any member can shed.

Thank you for reading, and I pray someone can help or offer advice.

Julie + Kimba, Sooty, Snowdrop, Hugo and Treacle