[Gpdd] Health: SOOTY

juliejohnson12 at bigpond.com juliejohnson12 at bigpond.com
Tue Jul 2 10:23:36 EDT 2013

Hi again all,

Nothing like one major problem to help one through the grieving process, and the nothing like another problem to split the worry in my brain because of 2 more sick piggies.   I.e. the left side is Sooty's, the right side belongs to Kimba.

Sooty is again suffering from the diarrhoea.   Only it's just watery sliding out of his backside.    Whilst I was feeding him critical care acipdophilus and probiotics, he wasn't keen on having very much, where normally he loves the stuff and can't get enough.    I know he's in pain this time because he was shivering whilst I fed him - I believe he  was shivering in pain.

So, I desperately go looking for advice Ann gave me after his bleeding bowel trouble back in March.

What I have done:
given 2mg loperamide (Gastro-Stop) to attempt to stock the diarrhoea, and help the pain.
I took his bowl of veges, so he only has dry grass, a toasted  crust, and the dry food.
acidophilus
hydralyte

Then, because Sooty has breathing problems, I finally thought  the opoid  in Imodium might cause respiratory distress, so now I'm checking him every hour to make sure he's still alive.

I'm totally and utterly exhausted, desperate, frantic, fearful, scared, can't eat,  can't sleep even if I had time (I took a sedative last night that's why I missed Kimba's feeding).   I don't know how I can keep going. My emotions and my thoughts are killing me.  My prayers have so far gone unanswered, yet in the past I have felt like I had a direct line to God.  He must be on the other line.

One thing I say with absolute certainty is when I lose all my piggies, I will never ever have another one - I love them so much, more than life itself, and I cannot ever go through this suffering ever again.   I won't even consider a dog because no doubt with my luck it will get paralysis tick and I will lose it to that, or to a snake.  Since 2007 I have lost 9 piggies.  No more I'm afraid.

That's all for now,
Julie and Sooty, Treacle, Hugo, and Kimba (for now)