[Gpdd] HEALTH:Cardboard

Penny Charlesworth piggyfriends48 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 26 04:37:41 EDT 2013

Don't worry about your girls chewing up their cardboard, Lynn.

My herd have cardboard boxes in their pens to sleep and play in and many of
them enjoy tearing out windows in their box. Otto and Portia can destroy a
whole wine box in a couple of days and loo roll tubes stuffed with hay are
a delight.

Piggies will not be harmed by eating some of their cardboard and some of
mine like to shred the newspaper with which I line their pen too.

Just make sure that any cardboard box has staples removed as well as any
plastic type tape that might be holding the box together.

I hope that Eve's poo has improved. Maybe she had more lettuce than usual?
Or a different veggie to her usual selection? If she is still having soft
poo but no other problem, try omitting green food from her diet for a day
or so and see if there is an improvement.

Let us know how she is doing.

Penny and the Piggyfriends.