[Gpdd] [HEALTH] Puf's Fatty Eye

Ann Evans ann.evans at hintlink.com
Fri Jun 14 09:36:47 EDT 2013

Hi Joanie,

 From your description it sounds like fatty eye. It can be removed using
a local eye anaesthetic. Personally I do not have fatty eye bulges
removed unless the piggy is scratching at it and causing it to get infected.
  You can see full colour pictures and the description of how to treat
fatty eye in cavies in the "Official Guide to Guinea Pig Diagnostics,
Surgery, Medication and Welfare" by Vedra Stanley-Spatcher. It can be
ordered from the British Association of Rodentologists.
http://www.britishassociationofrodentologists.co.uk/
I volunteer as a consulting rodentologist to Drs. Danielson and Saleh
D.V.M. of Ehrlich Animal Hospital and Dr. Bonsack D.V.M. of Westchase
Animal Hospital Tampa, Florida.

Cheers,

Ann and the Rescued Piggys of Piggyville, Tampa Florida USA