[Gpdd] HEALTH: Puff's eye

Penny Charlesworth piggyfriends48 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 14 05:00:44 EDT 2013

Hi Joanie,

Could Puff have fatty eye? Also called Pea Eye? I'd need a pigture to be
sure. There is a pigture on GuineaLynx. Scroll down about two thirds of the
page.

http://www.guinealynx.info/eyes.html

If this is the case, she will have no problem with it as it causes no
discomfort. It is not uncommon and several Piggyfriends have had this
condition over the years. Of my current herd, a brother and sister both
have it. So does their mum, who is not one of mine and I suspect that it
may be genetic.

Penny and the Piggyfriends.

The usual disclaimer applies. I am not a vet or rodentologist - just
someone who has cared for many pigges over many years and has learned a bit
along the way.