[Gpdd] Gpdd: Re: (Misc) (All of you, and Sami health issues)

Ellen Garrison guineamom88 at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 2 04:12:55 EST 2013

Hi to you all, from Maui. Lynn, I must say, you are the sweetest ever --you are so dear. Thanks! I totally laugh reading your stuff. Very good works! My pig, Angel--boyfriend to Sami-girl and daddy to at least 5 pigs--(the pet store said he was older than Sami when I got them but now I am not sure)...has teeth issues (I had to clip his front teeth) so I syringe fed him some critter-be-better and he tried to take the whole syringe, too.
I am skipping around on the Gpdd because I simply have only 24 hours in the day and work full time besides... I need a little R&R too, to keep my sanity...  Need to take Sami-girl to vet tomorrow, may have to forfeit the $100 a month hay allowance to KMS Hayloft, since all my available money is gone except for the -thank god, good old paycheck...10 pigs, one chin, and multiple feral cats omg what a nightmare--I just thank you for all your help everybody for being the support system that you are.  Sami has been having runny stools-- I have been using loperamide hydrochloride at a dose of 0.2 mL supposed to be every 8 hours but it's more like once a day... I am washing her okole off (her bottom in Hawaiian) practically every day, giving her rimadyl for inflammation, the vet had given her a compounded form of baytril for a suspected UTI, which I neglected to give the rimadyl with so it seems to have come back; I have been also giving her electrolytes
 and the two girls in that cage --she and her daughter, Merary-- have finished off a 5 day dose of panacur for internal parasites--I am suspecting bladder stone maybe, I have spent, like I am sure almost all of you have, thousands of dollars on vet bills, and the vets tend to learn along with you....what to do....I was reading about the pig who had a stone and so on, and I remember having to put Cocoa to sleep because of bladder stones, and perhaps Dr. King perforated his urethra/bladder, according to an informed person here who probably has more experience than young Dr. King. What can you do? hang n there....kids make me happy...I am off on a "staycation next week and planning to see my 3 year old grandson who just moved "upcountry" with his family---aka my son...ok. love and light to you all...thanks for being there.
Ellen, 10 pigs, one chin, and about 35 feral cats