[Gpdd] SILLY: Giving Eve her meds

Lynn Williams mlwilliams at clear.net
Tue Mar 5 19:29:17 EST 2013

Hi y'all,

I thought this was kind of funny so wanted to share it with you.

As most of you already know, I am totally blind and sometimes have to get
creative with how I accomplish things.  Well this week, my hubby is working
in the mornings and is not here to help me give Eve her medicine.  I have
never tried to syringe any of my pigs by myself, because, as you can
imagine, it would be hard to hold the syringe in one hand, hold the pig with
the other hand, and find their mouth with whatever is left over!  So, after
a little consideration, I got the syringe that Earl had prefilled for me the
night before and laid it on the couch beside where I planned to sit to
attempt this daring feat.  I then went and got her highness, Prindcess Eve
and brought her in here and sat down with her on my chest to hopefully lull
her into a false sense  of security.  I think she was on to me though
because she kept looking around from side to side and I just know she was
aware that something unpleasant was about to happen!  Then, I pulled the
coffee table close to the couch and propped my feet up on it with my knees
bent, thus forming a  barrier with my thighs so she couldn't back up.  I
then put Eve down in my lap with her back end up against my thighs.  I took
my left hand and cupped her back and used my thumb and forefinger to try to
frame hern face/jaws.  In the meantime, she is looking frantically around
and trying to get away from her crazy mommy slave.  I then gently found her
mouth with my forefinger and tried to pry it open to find the gap to put the
syringe in to dose her.  She bit me a few times (and not gently I might add)
before I got the idea of where to put the syringe.  I then took my right
hand and *attempted* to place the tip in the aforementioned gap.  She was
having none of it.  Shaking her head,  trying to back up on my thighs and
finally, taking her nleft front paw and smacking the syringe right out of my
hand!  I muttered a few things and then had to find the syringe on the floor
(as I'm still trying to hold a squirming pig) where it had landed.  At this
point, I took a firmer grip on her little face, holding her mouth open, and
took the tip and kind of felt around in her mouth until  I found the gap.
All this time, I am trying desperately not to depress the plunger or poke
the syringe in her ear or something. She was determined to make it as
difficult as possible on me... I finally got it where I wanted and started
to depress the plunger.  She started licking and slurping and thins were
going well until the plunger hung up a little bit and I had to exert a bit
more pressure on it.  Then, it all let go at once!  That stuff went all over
her little chin, my pants, her chest and my  left hand.  She was one unhappy
pig, I can tell you.  That stuff is sticky!

So, once I got her all calmed down, I made her mad all over again by bathing
her.  Poor thing.  It was not her day!  That all happened yesterday.  This
morning, things went a little easier and I know she got her full dose.  Earl
helps me with her evening dose so that is not a problem.  I had to laugh
when it was all said and done and I can only imagine what she must think of
me.  :)

Hope you are all well and that all of your babies are feeling good and are
happy.

With love, hugs and sticky whisker kisses,
Lynn, Callie and Eve with Samantha and Tabitha at the bridge and in our
hearts and memories