[Gpdd] HEALTH: Long-term use of painkillers

GARY HESS joanhess4 at sbcglobal.net
Tue Mar 19 15:59:44 EDT 2013

My friend with the non-eating piggie noticed he'd barbered his leg. Her vet said it might be the result of arthritis, and prescribed metacam. Well, that piggie's out and about, moving more than he had for a long time. I don't know how it's affected his appetite though. Her vet said longterm use of metacam is harmful. Is rimadyl safer? How about ibuprophen? Or maybe alternate them? Also, I only have dosages for rimadyl in mg. I need it in ml!

Joanie