[Gpdd] [HEALTH] Sooty coconut oil

Ann Evans ann.evans at hintlink.com
Tue Mar 26 17:43:12 EDT 2013

In my haste I did not explain properly how to use the coconut oil. It is
very good for gas and energy. Start out giving Sooty 0.5 ml of coconut
oil every 4 hours if it is staying in his tummy. You can increase the
coconut oil to 1.0 ml every 4 hours. The mucus you saw coming out of his
anus is not a good sign. Diarrhoea contains mucus. It usually means that
the gi-tract is trying to flush out something that is irritating the
lining such as a parasitic, bacterial or fungal infection. It also means
that fluids are not being absorbed in his large intestine. All of this
can lead to dehydration. Give him lots of pedialyte. He needs the
electrolyte and vitamins as well as the fluids. Metatone tonic 0.5 ml
once a day is great too.

I volunteer as a consulting rodentologist to Drs. Danielson and Saleh
D.V.M. of Ehrlich Animal Hospital and Dr. Bonsack D.V.M. of Westchase
Animal Hospital Tampa, Florida.

Best of Health,

Ann and the Rescued Piggys of Piggyville, Tampa Florida USA