[Gpdd] HEALTH- Sooty

Ronald Zimmerman rzm.2 at verizon.net
Wed Mar 27 20:53:02 EDT 2013

I saw the post about Sooty. I'm wondering if piggies can get something called "C-diff". It stands for clostridium diffisill (I have no idea if I spelled that right) I got it about 10 years ago. It can be caused be an overuse of anti-biotics. It causes diarrhea & pain. Like rampant, mutant diarrhea (sorry to be gross!). I don't know what the symptoms in a piggie would be but probably mostly the same. They actually treat it in humans with more ABs. (Go figure...) They tried Flagyl (Metronidizole) on me 1st & I had an allergic reaction to that. Put me in the hospital for almost a week. Flagyl is a NASTY AB that I would not recommend to anyone & esp. not for animals. If you had it once it can also come back again. Also can cause dehydration & fever. They can diagnose it in humans by taking a stool sample. This is just an idea. I don't know if piggies can actually get C-diff. I know you are desperate for answers though so I thought I'd share this possibility.
 I am praying for you as always & will continue to pray for Sooty. Love & hugs...
~Jaime, Mosey the hamster & Captain Phil the betta fish~
~Mimi always & forever in our hearts~
~Missing Albert, Molly, Radar & Daisy~
http://s652.photobucket.com/albums/uu246/chirpy123/