[Gpdd] HEALTH: Bladder or kidney stone

Lynn Williams mlwilliams at clear.net
Thu Mar 28 12:32:29 EDT 2013

Hi all,

Well, it looks as though it is coming down to Eve having either a bladder or
a kidney stone.  She is still wheeking when she pees and sometimes when she
poops.  After seeing the vet again day before yesterday, they now want to
send her over to a board certified radiologist to have an x-ray done to see
what's up.  I am now awaiting a call back from the doctor to see when I can
get her in there.  Now, this may anger some of you and if so, I am sorry but
cost is definitely becoming an issue now.  I have put close to $500 into
this situation and still have no final diagnosis.   The x-ray is going to be
another $175.  Hubby is retired and I receive disability as my sole source
of income.  I'm just saying that at some point, I know he is going to draw a
a line.  I would personally spend my last cent making her better but he is
not the same as I when it comes to my animals.  What I would like to know
is, is there a medication I can give her that would helkp dissolve a stone
without having to put her through an x-ray?  I mean, would it hurt to treat
her for one without an x-ray first?  I am so upset and worried because I
know I can't afford surgery, if that is the next step.  I have come to the
conclusion that these nay have to be my last pair of piggies.  With him
retiring, I just can't afford to keep up with the medicl bills the way I
could before.  My options are limited to the 1 exotics vet office here in my
area.  The one who will do the x-rayis not an exotics vet, she is a board
certified radiologis who has an interest in piggies.  Otherwise, I would
take Eve to her directly.   I so wish I lived closer to Tampa and Ann or the
UK.  You seem to hae the best help available when it comes to our babies.
Well, I am going to keep reading on this on GL but wanted to ask if you guys
know about a med that will dissolve a stone.
Thanks, hugs, love and whisker kisses,
Lynn, Callie and Eve with Sammy and Tabby at the bridge and in our hearts
and memories