[Gpdd] MISC.: best wishes to Jaime

bunny rabbit calliope996 at earthlink.net
Thu Mar 28 13:43:40 EDT 2013

Jaime, thank you for the update.  It is good to hear from you, although we are sorry that you have been having troubles during your pregnancy.  Please know that we will keep you in our thoughts and prayers.

We're also sorry that it's been hard for you since Mimi passed away.  I hope you don't mind if I share my experience.  When I tragically lost Calliope more than ten years ago now, I had a lot of difficulties dealing with her loss and I, too, felt I'd never have another animal soulmate like her.  A few years later, though, I met Sunshine (also now RIP) who came from Metropolitan Guinea Pig Rescue, along with Tumbleweed.  For the first couple of weeks, both boys were very skittish, but one day I walked into their room, and suddenly Sunshine and I both looked at one another, like, "I know you!"  Can't really explain it, but he also became my gp soulmate.

It's not about me -- I just want to say that you never know. And when the time is right, I won't be surprised at all if you find another gp who you also feel is a soulmate, just as Mimi was and always will be. I don't think Mimi would consider it a betrayal; in fact, I think she would be honored.

And, a big welcome to hamster Mosey.  She sounds adorable!

Best wishes to all of you.

Cindy, Ethan, and Eddie