[Gpdd] HEALTH: Bladder or kidney stone

Sandra Oliver-Poore warmbreath at comcast.net
Sun Mar 31 04:00:02 EDT 2013

I think we had this discussion once a long time ago. There is a machine for
humans, the procedure is called lithotripsy, or similar. I think Ann said it
doesn't work for piggies. For piggies we need to feed foods that keep
calcium, magnesium, and potassium in balance. So high calcium or magnesium
foods must be minimized. Google for lists of those. The piggy need loads of
de-ionized water as tap water is often loaded with minerals. It's Ellen that
suggest the de-ionized water. All veggies that fit the bill are to be well
washed in it and served wet, so maximum flushing can occur. Other than
what's on Ann's page and Guinea Lynx I don't know of the other
preventatives.
That's all I really remember
Sandy, Sammy, and AR.