[Gpdd] Gpdd (Misc) (1. I think Merary has hormone imbalance/ 2. Using hay now for bedding)

Ellen Garrison guineamom88 at yahoo.com
Thu May 9 02:46:42 EDT 2013

Hi everyone,
After reading up on ovarian cysts and hormaonal imbalances in sows, I am thinking perhaps Merary has ovarian cysts or just a hormone imbalance.
But what is odd, is if she does, she has no indication just by looking at her. I had two other sows with ovarian cysts, Cheyenie got huge cysts that never went away, I took her to that self-absorbed, conceited vet who instead of giving what I asked for in accordance with what is suggested in GPDD --the hormone to stop or reduce ovarian cysts, this woman vet gave another one that she thought would work (it didn't.)  Also I just gave Ary (short name for Merary) a nice bath and put her in a fresh cage with all fresh newspaper, topped with bluegrass hay and a handful of timothy hay.   I have run out of energy, am exhausted doing piggie laundry; my whole car has laundry that I need to do, it's in plastic bags with holes in it. I am burnt out on laundry.  piggie laundry is hard work and very time consuming. What am I thinking, I know I have discussed this before here. I guess it is all about letting go...and letting the creator take charge.  Since I am
 all burnt out, instead of creating more dirty laundry, which I shake, clean, brush off all the hay and poops...sometimes pre-soak...and always use bleach to disinfect and never overload the washers ---they don't clean well...I really can't do it all.  I know Penny said she uses hay and newspaper changed each day. Why do I think it so hard to do? If I do only that, think how much time and work I would save? I am already spending about $80 a month minimal on their laundry.  Well some is nice...I like the fleece things from Sewing4 A Cause.  But it's not nice or fun when it all piles up. I don't have my own washer/dryer. But the condo I am in just got all brand new ones on each of the 4 floors!
Anyway, I get hay in bulk from KMS Hayloft and spend about $100 a month--now I have 9 pigs not 10, but the chin eats hay too. If I had to double that amount on hay and cut way back on laundry, I would save time and money. I am always doing something with the pigs every day so what is so hard with changing out newspaper and hay each day even though I have 7 cages.  I can get free newspaper all over the island, and at work.  I am trying to talk some sense into myself!! Please someone help me do it.

Sincerely,
a very exhausted, laundry-burnt-out, not so much any more laundry obsessed, piggy slave: Ellen