[Gpdd] HEALTH: Merary

Glynis Robson glynisrobson55 at gmail.com
Fri May 10 07:16:29 EDT 2013

Hi Ellen

There was a time last year that i was totally convinced that Onyx had
ovarian cysts.  She displayed many but not all of the symptoms.  I emailed
quite a few of our lovely members directly who were just brilliant with
their advice XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Onyx however after getting some tests came up negative.......
All i'm saying is keep an eye on her and maybe get some tests done??

As for laundry, i'm a neat freak and clean out Onyx twice a day, i can't
stand to see any really dirty patches and get upset if she has an upset
tummy (which she is very susceptible to!)  I find what works for me is the
following...

i have a layer of bubble wrap, then a layer of paper magazines, this covers
the bubble wrap so no little toofies can find it!! (mmm whee slaves no how
they love to chew!!) then on top i put a decent layer of newspaper (no
staples) and in areas that i know are the
'poop and wee corners' i have even more newspaper.  Then i use meadow hay,
and then i top off with oxbow hay in a couple of areas i know will not be
pooped on!
Now under the mezzanine layer i do put a bath towel (not the super large
size) so i can then monitor poops and wee's by colour and smell!  if a poop
is messy i can then see this and adjust foods and the same with wee's ( i
confess i do the smell test as this warned me when Velvet was nearing her
time :-(  )

All the best to you all
loves
Glynis and Onyx (in mem Sully Duke and Velvet) xxxx