[Gpdd] Rainbow Bridge: Pumpkin a la Mode

Elisabeth Haithcock ellie.cabbit at gmail.com
Tue May 21 22:27:35 EDT 2013

Forgive any incoherence, please... I'm still crying as I key this.

I lost my beloved Pumpkin about two hours ago to a massive heart attack, a
result of what the afterwards x-ray showed to be congestive heart failure.
I ... I had no idea. She was only six. I got home from work today and her
breathing was labored... the first sign of distress she'd evidenced. She
got packed up and taken to the vet immediately, who frowned and wanted to
do an x-ray to look at her heart and lungs. Before that could happen she
had a heart attack in my arms and passed...

I don't know what to do. Her partner Bennett Jacob is utterly lost. I...
I'm going to have to find a partner for him and I'm having problems even
thinking about tomorrow right now.

I want my baby back. I want -all- of my babies back. I'm old and I'm tired
and I'm feeling particularly broken tonight...

~ellie, with Bennett Jacob
remembering Pumpkin a la Mode, Molly Flanders, Winkerton Phillip, Victoria
of the Green, Gustavus Adolphus Piggius, Kweepie Mapwetter, and Oliver
Pigglesworth III

--
I saw what I saw when I saw it, but I'm not sure I saw what I think I saw
when I thought I saw what I saw when I saw it... see?