[Gpdd] HEALTH Flower's upcoming spay

Penny Charlesworth piggyfriends48 at gmail.com
Tue May 28 13:12:29 EDT 2013

Sorry to read that Flower, whom I remember from the calendar, is due to be
spayed. I remember, too, the sad outcome of your lovely Tedmund's
operation. My Fuzzypeg's lookalike.

It certainly sounds like Flower has an ovarian cyst.

My Rodentologist removes most ovarian cysts by feeling for them and
bursting them - the fluid content, which is sterile, is dispersed
harmlessly into the body. Particularly hard cysts cannot be dealt with in
this way and my Lavender had one shrunk by the use of HCG - human chorionic
gonadotropin - injections. She had three doses, each one a month apart.
Sometimes two are sufficient. The cyst shrunk each time and eventually
disappeared never to return.

Why not ask your vet if he/she is willing to try this instead of opting for
surgery, which always carries risks for our little ones. A spay is such
major surgery that I would be hesitant to have it done.

All the best.

Penny and the Piggyfriends.