[Gpdd] HEALTH:Treacle

Penny Charlesworth piggyfriends48 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 30 08:52:32 EST 2013

Dear Julie,

We are so pleased that Treacle is doing so well. We had hoped that "no news
was good news" and we were right.

I do not give my piggies any extra Vit C supplement as most of their food
comes straight from the garden and into their mouths with no loss of Vit C
due to storage. So, if your boys'  veggies have been hanging around in the
supermarket or travelling lots of food miles to get to you, you can't go
wrong by giving them extra Vit C. Any unwanted excess will only be excreted.

I have used Carefresh in the past for my mice but much prefer
Back-2-Nature. I don't know how the price compares but Back-2-Nature does
not clump together in the way that Carefresh does and is much better with
odour control - much more necessary with little mice than with piggies -
and they do not need their tank cleaning out so often. If memory serves me
well, this product originated in Australia. It is made by Fibrecycle.

For the piggies, I just use newspaper with hay on top, changed every day
and I am eternally grateful to my little army of paper savers who keep the
Piggyfriends well supplied. It is very quick to clean their pens and the
paper is free so I just have the cost of the hay, which I can buy from the
shop in our village.

Hugs for the boys, especially Treacle.

Penny and the Piggyfriends.