[Gpdd] HEALTH: Capt. Jack

Penny Charlesworth piggyfriends48 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 15 09:25:07 EDT 2013

If Capt. Jack is taking in fluids but not urinating, all that fluid has to
be going somewhere. If he were mine, I would be giving him a diuretic.  I
don't suppose that you have this in your piggy medicine chest but your vet
will have it.

I have no way of knowing whether the vet is right in his diagnosis of
dehydration but, if he is, you can always add to the sub cut fluids by
giving him rehydration fluids yourself via a syringe. In England, I buy
Dioralyte sachets from the pharmacy. It comes as a powder and you follow
the instructions on the packet. I am sure that you will have something
similar.

It must be terrible not to have a trustworthy vet when your little ones get
sick. Why did they keep him in all that time and not do anything to help?

Wishing you all the best.

Penny and the Piggyfriends.