[Gpdd] Health: Woopy is 5,5 yrs. old and fur problems

Sandra Oliver-Poore warmbreath at comcast.net
Mon Oct 28 05:18:51 EDT 2013

Iverquantel  is either is wholly or is part made up of ivermectin according
to drugs.com.  Ivermectin is what we use to control mites.  I would just
check for other drugs in it and make sure of the correct dose.
Penny recently recommended Vet Sect Repel shampoo or Nizarol. After the mite
population is reduced then more soothing shampoos can be used like those
with oatmeal or just baby shampoo.

If it's not mites that will become apparent quickly when the ivermectin
doesn't work.   I hope this helps
Sandy and Sammy
Ps remember I am not a vet and I don't have any formal training