[Gpdd] CARE: Re Bananas

Penny Charlesworth piggyfriends48 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 2 05:14:41 EDT 2013

I have never had many piggies who liked bananas but cannot see why those
that do should be denied the taste.

A few of my current herd like a piece and, when my husband has a banana ( I
don't like them ) I cut a few small rounds from the end for them. They
actually seem to prefer the skin and I wash it and cut that up for them too.

Bananas are a good source of potassium and are, therefore, great for any
piggy suffering diarrhoea. Banana is easy to digest and can be mashed to
make a syringe food for a sick piggy in addition to the pellet slurry or
Critter Be Better.

So I see no reason why Chipper should not continue to enjoy his/her banana
treat.

Penny and the Piggyfriends.