[Gpdd] MISC: Congratulations

Stefanie Duffy stefanieduffy at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 2 15:13:54 EDT 2013

Congratulations, Jaime, on the birth of Cody. You are doing well to even think of future pets when you've just had a baby! As Penny said, those of us who are mothers can understand how exhausted you must be, but it's a nice kind of exhausted. Maybe in a few years time you'll be looking after piggies together! The thing to realise is that all difficult stages do pass. My two boys are now 26 and 29 and are both happy, well-adjusted adults. I wish someone could have reassured me of this when they were little. Our first was always what we called "high maintenance" and the second one was the worst baby in history. He screamed his head off from the moment he was born and I was up five times a night for three and half years. I didn't know it was possible to be so tired and still stand up. However, he turned into the easiest teenager ever and is now the substitute slave to the Squeakers when we go on holiday. He loves them as much as I do and does an excellent job. I can enjoy my holidays more knowing the Squeakers don't even miss me. I forgive him!
Congratulations again, and love from Stefanie and the Surrey Squeakers