[Gpdd] RAINBOW BRIDGE: Ruffian

GARY HESS joanhess4 at sbcglobal.net
Mon Sep 9 18:19:53 EDT 2013

Our little girl is laid to rest alongside Hershey under the appletree which still has Hershey's beloved bells hanging just above her grave. We wrapped her in a huge romaine lettuce leaf, laid a sprig of peppermint over her, and wrapped her in a pretty placemat and topped the grave with a large granite rock to keep the coyotes at bay. Gary read Bible verses about how all creatures belong to God while I filled in the grave. It was really special. She would've been two on September 7 along with her sister, Speedway. Puff seems unconcerned; they weren't cagemates for that long, though they got along just fine with just enough rumblestrutting to keep things interesting.