[Gpdd] [HEALTH] age and weight

Ann Evans ann.evans at hintlink.com
Mon Sep 16 11:42:49 EDT 2013

I do not know of any website that correlates a piggys weight with his
age. I can tell you a few facts about piggys weights.

The average weight at birth is 70-120 grams = 2.5-4.3 oz
Piggys are weaned at 3 weeks of age but should not be sold until they
weigh 300 grams = 10.6 oz They usually reach this weight at 5-6 weeks of
age.

Adult weight for a males is 1200-1700g = 2.7-3.8lb
Adult weight for females is 1200-1400g = 2.7-3.1lb

Adult weight may not be reached until the piggy is 8-12 months old. I
have seen piggys that are 3 months old weigh between 500-1000 grams but
more often they are on the low end of the scale. There are so many
factors that determine weight such as breed, maternal age, health, diet
and how many pups were born. If Chipper was 13oz when you got him that
is 369g. I would guess that he was about 6 weeks old.

Weight ranges are from the CCT. Personally I see a lot of adult piggys
that of both sexes that are in the 900-1400g range =1.98 - 3.1lb.

Cheers,

Ann and the Rescued Piggys of Piggyville, Tampa Florida USA.