[Gpdd] Misc: Update and a question

Lynn Williams mlwilliams at clear.net
Sat Apr 12 22:57:54 EDT 2014

Hello one and all,

I wanted to drop in and let you all know that I am still here but not quite
upn to par yet.  I went through some rather radical surgery on a veery
delicate part of my anatomy a few weeks ago.  It was due to a type of cancer
that tends to grow on me due to the transplant drugs that I take.  Becaus of
my discomfort and pain, I have been admittedly very grumpy and not felt like
doing much of anything.  I am getting back to normal now so wanted to try to
catch up on the digest.  I am reading through my mass of email but there is
no way I can respond to every single one so I wanted to just say how sorry I
am for any losses any of you  have experienced, either human or fur babies.
Also want to wish all litle piggies happy birthday if there have been any
celebrations lately.  I haven't gotten anywhere near finished reading yet so
I guess I will know more as I get through them.  Please forgive me for being
so absent lately but sometimes, life gets in the way.

I do have one thing to share with you all.  You may recall a few months ago
I was concerned that the girls weren't getting enough hay since the only
time I saw them eating it was right after I put a fresh big pile  in the
cage, despite having many sources gthey could go to for fresh hay.  I
finally got smart!  I quit putting it all over theier cage and just go in
there about 4 times a day, remove gthe pile in the corner and replace it
with fresh.  Immediately, four little feet scurry over to partake. :)  Shows
why we are called slaves, eh?

I do have a question... For whatever reason, Callie has recently decided she
no longer wants to take her Vitamin C chewable tablet.  She turns her nose
away from me and when I force the issue and try to get a piece of it into
her mouth, she will bite at me first then at it and then drop the piece she
has bitten off.  She is starting to get mad at me and is biting me because
she is afraid that if I go to pick her up, I 'm going to force another
Vitamin C on her.  She has quite an attitude, let me tell you!  Can anyone
tell me if there is an alternative source of Vit C that I could give her?
Maybe a liquid that one of you has tried?

I will close for now.  I can only type for so long because of a whole other
issue.... my left shoulder is giving me fits and I am scheduled for an MRI
on that as well.  Sheesh!  When it rains, it pours!

Love, hugs and whisker kisses to all,
Lynn,, Eve and a stubborn Callie