[Gpdd] HEALTH: PLEASE HELP! URGENT!

corrine sakumoto oreochockc at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 13 19:04:14 EDT 2014

Twinkle is sitting and not really doing much of anything.  On thursday morning she was acting normal but by lunchtime she didn't seem herself.  I carefully watched her and by late afternoon although she did eat and walk around she wasn't being 'normal.'  However, by Friday, she was all normal again, well, just slightly under normal.  We thought perhaps she had bumped her lump on her cheek and had been in some discomfort.  Anyway, on Saturday she seemed alert and okay until we decided to trim her nails hoping that would help her since they were getting longish.  Well, she started to breathe a little hard after that but we assume it was because of all the stress we put her through.  We felt horrible.  Then Saturday night her eye looked a little watery so I wiped it.  This morning her eye seemed okay, she opened it up fine.  At mid morning, Michael wiped her eye more thoroughly and he said he thinks he got something out.  Now, it's early
 afternoon and she's not pooing and peeing that much.  When we cleaned her pen this morning she had pooed and peed a lot, her 'normal' but now we're worried because she doesn't seem to really eat that much.  We fed her breakfast and lunch and she ate only a little.  She occasionally goes to her bowl to eat something and we've seen her nibble some hay.  But overall, we're not sure what to do.  Basically what is causing her to be like this?  What can we do?  Please remember we don't have any vets.  We do have one that we can call first thing on monday morning but he's usually booked for days.  He doesn't see 'emergencies'.  And he's also the first to say he doesn't that much about guinea pigs and he readily admits he doesn't know what's wrong nor what to do.  We do appreciate his honesty.

So anything we can do?  We'll be leaving for shopping soon to get some groceries in the hope she'll like something.

Thanks for any help,  Corrine and Michael