[Gpdd] Rainbow Bridge: Barney

Sandra Oliver-Poore warmbreath at comcast.net
Mon Aug 11 20:18:16 EDT 2014

Dear Anneli

I am so very very sorry to hear of the sudden illness and passing of your
boy Barney! He sounds like a wonderful piggie and a great companion and I
understand your loss.  I wish I could help you but glad I have never had an
experience like it.  The only thing I can say is that piggies hide
conditions so well and that I noticed over the years that if a piggy had a
stressor or an illness he was very likely to succumb within the next month
to three or four months, often from something that resembled the original
illness. It could have been a parasite where the initial infection was
fought off but slowly regrew, parasites do this which is one reason we give
them antiparasitics every three months.  Another is that that there are so
many ways they can pick up a new infection. That's the only thing I think
of.
What every the reason I am so sorry and so angry that piggies seem to get
sick on weekends and vets don't cover these times very well. I am sorry you
will be missing your best buddy. I hope he met up with my Sammy at the
bridge. I'll bet those two will lots to talk about, especially taking care
of their silly slave parents.
I hope you feel better soon
Love,
Sandy and AR, Forever a stuffed shirt, never to visit the bridge.

---