[Gpdd] RAINBOW BRIDGE: condolences, Barney

bunny rabbit calliope996 at earthlink.net
Tue Aug 12 15:10:32 EDT 2014

Anneli, we are so very sorry to hear of Barney's passing.  What a shock
for you to find him puffed up and then to discover his diarrhea.  We are
not experts, but it sounda as if he perhaps had something like gut
torsion, where the gut actually twists (if I am remembering right), and
I'm not sure if there is any cure for it. (Others please feel free to
correct me.)  Please know that you did your best for him.  Giving tummy
rubs and the Pedialyte were certainly good ideas.  Yes, you are so right
that piggies get sick on weekends when vets generally aren't open.
Although we can't be of much help, it might be a good idea not to graze
Rocky and Clover outside, just in case.  Thank you for sharing some of
your memories of Barney; what an amazing story of how you rescued him,
and we do remember how he faced down the dog.  How sweet that he was so
smart and also let you carry him around.  You may indeed find another
like him one day.  (We did.)  Please know that he was a lucky boy to be
so loved and please accept our condolences on his passing.

Sadly,
Cindy, Ethan, and Eddie