[Gpdd] RAINBOW BRIDGE Barney

Penny Charlesworth piggyfriends48 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 13 08:29:09 EDT 2014

Dear Anneli,

We are all so sad about the loss of your dear Barney.

I delayed replying to your post as I have been searching for my
Richardson's veterinary book in the hope that I could shed some light on
Barney's sudden illness as I have not come across this before. My pig room
is being demolished and, although I found my cavy bookshelf in the garage,
I cannot locate the books as yet.

I would hazard a guess at some kind of parasite overload but this is only
me grasping at straws. Do you worm your piggies on a regular basis, as, if
they graze outside, there is always a possibility of them picking up
something invisible but nasty along with the grass. Mine have fresh grass
everyday but I make sure that everypig is wormed every three months and
keep a chart so that nopig is missed.

Do keep some baby gas meds in your piggy first aid kit. If either of your
other piggies have a gassy tummy, it is sure to be at the weekend when you
can't see the vet. I use Infacol here in England but someone will know a
good US brand that you can buy over the counter.

I remember your story about how Barney came to be your beloved pet and your
post on the Undercover Piggies blog. I have had in the past, and have now,
Piggyfriends who are happy to be carried around and, in the future, you may
well encounter a piggy with Barney's zest for life.

I hope that you have lots of photos so that you can look at them and
remember the happy times you spent with him. I have photos by the thousand
of the many Piggyfriends that have lived here and fill memory sticks with
the best ones so that I can watch them on my digital photo frame that sits
right beside my computer and remember them with love.

I'll keep looking for my vet book. Please accept our deepest sympathies.
R.I.P. Barney.

With all our love and hugs to you and Rocky and Clover.

Regards from

Penny and the Piggyfriends.